Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mascara Minutes

Dear friend,
There was a time of trauma in my life when I could barely function day to day, overwhelmed by the prospect of even waking up and getting out of bed. However, during that dark time I began to truly rely on Jesus to get me through. I would ask Him to help me with every daily choice, no matter how large or small, whether it was "What should I have for breakfast, Lord?" or "Mascara or no mascara today?" I lived my life minute by minute, and coined the term "mascara minutes" in my journal. A new freedom slowly emerged within my heart as each moment I asked His advice and He would lead me where He wanted me to go. Sometimes His decision didn't make sense to me or it might not have been something I really wanted to do. I did it anyway, and later (at times, MUCH later), I could see why His Way had been better (MUCH better). Now, I am able to follow His guidance with faith, without having to know His reasons. I trust Him completely. I wish this for you today. That you can let go of trying to figure everything out, place each minute of your life into God's All-Capable Hands, and just relax, knowing He doesn't make mistakes.
Have a joyous day,
Maybelline

Phil 4:7 Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.